Some of the reasons for the inability of people to make contact with each other:
- The intense emotion of missing each other may become a barrier.
- The departed one needs to adjust his consciousness and understand the situation of death.
- The imaginary agony and fear that persist in the departed one can be a barrier.
- Former unpleasant karmic relationships reveal themselves and build a barrier.
- Certain past misunderstandings grow out of proportion in their consciousness and force them to repel each other.
- The basic intentions of their lives lead them to different levels or different directions.
- The real level of beingness of both parties leads them to different planes.
- Former lies and behavior based on hypocrisy and exploitation can form a barrier between the living and the “dead.”
- The damage done by past attachments and “love” can form a barrier between two persons.
- “Love” based on selfish interest creates repulsion on subtle planes.
- Barriers are also built when one is far ahead in his evolution and passes on to higher planes.